Ask any entrepreneur or business venture, and you will understand the need for revenue generation by leveraging the various marketing campaigns. But the days of the print and televised media has come and gone. In the present day and age, the marketing side of the business has shifted online.
With the increase in the number of handheld gadgets that are in use when it comes to searching for products and campaigns, if you are an investor, you need to do your online marketing right. Sure, you have an online domain or a landing page for your products and services, but having an invisible website that generates no traffic is a death knell for the business.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the single most vital tool that you can utilize and leverage to increase online traffic. The more traffic you have, the more are the leads and the chance to make a sale. SEO will enable you to reach your short-term as well as long-term targets efficiently and at a rapid rate.
There are a number of articles online that guide an individual towards optimizing and strategizing the technical aspects of SEO. However, learning the theory and application of the same for practical purposes is not one and the same thing. In the following section of the article, our experts have listed all the basic SEO tips that you should start off with in case you are a beginner.
The basics of SEO
The primary SEO tip that you should consider is the fact that you are in the service industry and all the steps that you must take care for the benefit of the consumers. The content of the webpage is the most essential aspect, and it should have a design that is both understandable and informational as to the provisions and services on offer.
Here are some of the basic “on-page” SEO strategies that you should go for,
- The more concise and precise content you present the higher is the rank of your domain with respect to the search engine results.
- Images and figures when uploaded should have the attribute, descriptions, and title.
- With high-quality image compression and optimization, you will increase the readability of the article or the blog post along with increasing the site loading speed.
- The higher is the site loading speed, the better is the audience retention, therefore the higher is the chance of making a sale.
- Use of SEO friendly platforms that include WordPress instead of BlogSpot is encouraged.
- Fields earmarked for title, meta-tag, and keywords shouldn’t be left empty.
- Use of a concise title is encouraged; around 9-10 keywords.
- Articles need to follow the industry standard formatting which includes H1 tag for the title, H2 for subheadings and H3 for the body of the article.
Understanding the consumer mentality and market
Some bots are employed by the search engines that search through your webpage and content to report the readability and the user-friendliness of the domain. The search engine follows the user and not the other way around, so you need to think like the consumers to understand the mentality and the market trend.
- Articles, blog posts, and all the other content need the “human-touch” which pleases the consumer. The general rule of thumb to follow “it is not about the search engines.”
- All the content should contain information that is required for the consumer. Make sure that all your posts answer the necessary/common queries users might have.
- Engage your audience with feedback posts, comment box and reply e-mails.
- You can work on the suggestions supplied by the customers to make modifications and tailor your content uniquely to beat your competitors.
- Content should contain info-graphic, audio-visuals and video files to increase retention and engagement with the audience.
- Use linking features as often as you can but do not over-use it. External links to authority content and inbound links redirect traffic into your site better.
- Create unique content for the audience, both the repeat visitors as well as the new ones. Try and figure out the niche and the demographic with respect to products and age for the customer base.
A note about the quality
You need to ensure the quality of the content concerning the detailed information, readability and remove errors if any. Proofreading is highly essential as a post with errors decreases the authority of the content.
- The content that you post should have a freshness to it. Updating previous content to keeping user end suggestions is beneficial for your campaign in the long run.
- Content writers employed should have a standard of writing with respect to quality, consistency, and information. Try publishing content as frequently as 2-3 days.
- Always consider the golden rule for SEO which states that the “content is the king.” So keep the topics focused on the service, make sure that your posts are relatable and not confusing to the users.
- Always make sure that you consider the copyright infringement laws and double check every post and article for accidental plagiarism of content.
- While posting authority content, statements should contain strong backing through facts, figures, scientific explanation, references, and authoritative content.
- The content and the articles are for the benefit of the users and the consumers, so the onus is on you to provide the details about all the products and services on offer.
- There is a standard of article structuring and style that requires following while posting content on the domain landing page. Articles should have a “listicle” format which makes it easy for the consumers to read and understand.
- Our experts also encourage the use of grammar correction and editing tools to avoid errors in the text.
SEO is a technical domain, and you need the expert help to get you through while devising the strategy for your domain. So call your expert today.