Sometimes emails from ordinary senders get into spam because they send mail from a personal mailbox, bought a database of addresses, or violated some other mailing rule. In this case, the sender’s reputation deteriorates, and his emails are sent to spam.
If you recently made changes to the mailing list, the sender’s reputation has changed. Because of this, some of the emails may end up in spam, but the situation will gradually improve. Reputation is an indicator that shows the history of violations and actions of the sender, based on which the mail provider determines the level of trust in your mailing list. The criteria by which a reputation is formed differ among mail providers.
How to make sure that emails do not get into spam?
Preventing emails from getting into spam depends on such things: compliance with the rules of email providers, the layout of emails, and their contents. To not look for the reason for getting the mailing list in spam, it is necessary to observe such preventive measures.
- Work with white recipient databases. Subscribers must confirm their desire to receive your newsletter. Without this, the number of complaints can increase to 1.5%, and this value is critical. If the volume of errors when sending a mailing list increases, this is also a wake-up call. The number of returns within a single mailing list should not exceed 5%.
- One of the simple but effective methods to avoid getting into spam is to check subscribers for activity. If the recipient does not show any activity for six months or longer, it is better to exclude his address from the database. Before that, you can try to wake him up with a special series of letters.
- Some sites and bots reactivate sleeping subscribers and automatically exclude inactive subscribers from the database. This allows you to improve the sender’s email reputation significantly and, at the same time, save your time. You can also enable the email tester to edit emails that look like typical spam.
- Pay attention to the technical part. After all, you may receive emails from non-existent emails; this can be configured by enabling an email checker. Be sure to check the settings or entrust such verification and configuration to a specialist.
How to remove emails from spam?
- Collect the data. Prepare an email with service information – contact the support service of the mailing list or send the email to your mailbox, and then save it from spam. If there is a problem with one or more recipients, ask them if they want to receive your emails. If the answer is positive, please contact the support of the mail provider.
- Wait. Usually, the problem is solved within a few days, sometimes up to a week.